Are you searching for a place to host website or intended to Start a blog online in 2019? If so, then yes you’re at the right place. Here, in this article you are going to learn about “Web Hosting“, “Types of Web Hosting“, and “Free Website Hosting vs Paid Best Website Hosting“. So without wasting time let’s get into the tutorial.
What is Web Hosting?
Web hosting is the service that makes your website accessible to be seen by others on the Internet. A web have gives space on its server, so different PCs around the globe can get to your website by methods for a system or modem. When you sign up for a hosting service, you basically rent some space on a server on which you can store all the files and data necessary for your website to work properly. In simple words:-
“Web hosting is a service used to create a space for websites or online applications to store on the internet.”
There are actually a huge number of hosting services available on the web from top good free website hosting sites with minimum accessibility to premium best website hosting with wide range broader support for business as well as for personal use. There were different types of web hosting available on the web. Each web hosting service and plan has it’s own features: depending on the usage of the user. So, before buying hosting from any best website hosting sites. I recommend you to understand the basics of web hosting and you to use free website hosting for a week. After you are experienced with free website hosting- you are to ready to buy hosting from best hosting providers or month-month web hosting.
How Web Hosting Works?
As mentioned before web hosting is a service used to host a website online on Internet (Online Rented Space). When you decide to start a new website, you need to find a hosting company who provides you with the server space. Your web host stores all your files, databases etc on the server. Whenever someone types your domain name into the address bar of their browser, your host transfers all the files necessary to serve the request.
Now, to have web hosting – You have to pick a hosting plan that meets best with your requirements and buy it. Web hosting works similarly as of lodging rentals, you need to pay the lease normally so as to keep the server running consistently. Before buying any web hosting plans its recommended you should know about all the different types of web hosting. So, that you should understand what exactly is your requirement.
Different Types of Web Hosting
Web hosting is not only single specific. There were different types of web hosting services and plans available on the web. Selling with varying price and specifications from company to company. So, choosing right best web hosting provider with reasonable website hosting fees is your first priority.
Among all the types of web hosting plans, most easiest way to distinguish and categorize among all the different types of web hosting is to look at the technology used for the server.
Reason behind of this statement is, “Mechanism between the top-notch web hosting companies and a ground level company both were same. But the main difference is in server. If a mediocre company provides you same plan and specifications as of reputed branded company then choosing a hosting plan from mediocre company is a way better than spending 1000’s of bucks just for brand name.”
So, instead of looking at companies and prices first, better figure out which among the different types of web hosting is the right fit for you. Later, you can choose best hosting providers with cheapest webhosting plans, either month to month web hosting or best free website hosting with cheap domain names.
Most web hosts offer different types of hosting plans for different users to meet their client needs. In this tutorial we’ll closely examine six most common types of web hosting: Shared Web Hosting, Dedicated Server, VPS Hosting, Website Builder, Cloud Hosting, Free Website Hosting. Let’s check out each of these six web hosting features, plan and price. So, that you can have a broader knowledge about each of these web hosting packages and choose make the best decision for yourself.
Shared hosting is the web hosting which serves multiple websites each having it’s own domain name with same server. It’s the most common type of web hosting shared with maximum reach preferred by all new and small enterprises. When you hear the word “web hosting”, the speaker usually refers to shared hosting. Websites hosted on “Shared Hosting” uses same server, memory, disk space, computer power etc. So, it’s recommended for newbie but not for blog having bunch of traffic. “Shared Hosting” uses the most common operating system- “Linux”. Popular shared hosting is called as “Linux Shared Web Hosting”.
Below I’ve shared a post link, where i wrote 10 best shared web hosting services which were very cheap shared web hosting affordable for beginners, learners and small enterprises. List includes top shared web hosting providers which offers free web hosting with shared ssl.
If you like to have choose fastest shared web hosting with different shared hosting comparison, i recommend you to check:
|↪️ Web Hosting Reviews VPS vs Shared – Key Differences|
|↪️ Best Shared Web Hosting Service | Cheap Shared Web Hosting with reviews|
|↪️ 10 Best Fastest Shared Web Hosting Providers with detailed shared hosting comparision|
What is Cloud Hosting?
Cloud hosting is a stage above shared hosting and a stage beneath vps and dedicated server hosting. Cloud hosting server share equipment with other cloud servers, however are set in their own web hosting classification since they utilize a unique virtualization innovation parcels that split the server so each cloud account has devoted assets and uncommon arrangement like a completely committed server.
Below I’ve listed a link of the article citing detailed difference between cloud hosting vs shared hosting and cloud hosting vs vps and cloud hosting vs web hosting.
|↪️ Must Check: Shared Cloud Hosting|
| ↪️ 10 Best Cloud Provider Of 2019|
| ↪️ Top 10 Cpanel Cloud hosting with best cloud hosting server|
What is VPS Hosting?
VPS (Virtual Private Server) hosting also shares server, but it’s abit different from that of Shared Web Hosting. Main difference between VPS and shared hosting is – On VPS your web hosts allocates a separate partition (i.e., seperate private disk space) which will offer you a higher overall resource availability on the other hand with “Shared Web Hosting” everything is limited for you. You can’t exceed resources beyond your given limit. In a single word, VPS Hosting is perfect for all mediocre blogger and website owners with minimal traffic.
Key Differences — Shared Hosting vs. VPS Hosting (2019 Guide)
Below there’s a list of all best vps hosting provider with good vps hosting services. List includes — Cheap VPS hosting sites of 2019, Windows VPS hosting sites, free vps hosting sites of 2019, vps server hosting, managed vps hosting, WordPress vps hosting, best vps hosing with cpanel, plesk vps hosting and all affordable vps hosting provider for vps website hosting.
|Must Read: Plesk VPS Hosting: Best Plesk VPS Hosts at Best Price|
Dedicated Server Hosting
Dedicated server hosting implies that you have your own physical server that is dedicated exclusively to your site. Along these lines, hosting dedicated server gives you mind blowing adaptability. You can arrange your server as you wish, pick the working framework and programming you need to utilize, and set up the entire hosting condition as per your very own requirements. Indeed, leasing a dedicated server is similarly as amazing as owning your own nearby server, however accompanies the expert help of your web have.
|↪️ Top 10 Dedicated Server Hosting Canada|
|↪️ Best Windows Dedicated Server Hosting Of 2019|
|↪️ Top 10 Best Windows dedicated server hosting|
|↪️ Best Dedicated server hosting price|
|↪️ Best cheap dedicated server hosting of 2019|
|↪️ Best Dedicated server hosting reviews of 2019|
|↪️ Dedicated server hosting usa with price & reviews|
What is WordPress Hosting? (Website Builder)
WordPress hosting is a type of shared hosting, specially made for WordPress users. This hosting is specially designed for wordpress users to enhance performance of WordPress by enhancing storage, security and other important needs. There were basically two types of wordpress hostings: Shared WordPress Hosting & Managed WordPress Hosting.
|↪️ Best WordPress Hosting Sites Of 2019|
|↪️ Free WordPress Hosting Sites Of 2019|
|↪️ Top 10 Best Web Hosting for WordPress in 2019|
|↪️ Hosting WordPress on AWS – Aws WordPress Hosting Guide|
|↪️ Cheap WordPress Hosting Sites of 2019|
|↪️ Azure Wodpress Hosting: WordPress Cloud Hosting on Azure|
Free website Hosting
Free web hosting is best option for all newbie learners, with starter personal blog/website. There are many free hosting suppliers that offer a wide range of highlights; some incorporate CGI access and the sky is the limit from there. The downside to most free hosting administrations is that they are subsidized by promoting that shows up on your webpage, so free hosting is commonly best for individual, as opposed to business, websites.
| ↪️ 20 Best Free Web Hosting Sites (2019) with 99% Uptime|
|↪️ Top Free Web Hosting Sites with Cpanel (2019)|
|↪️ Best Free Web Hosting and Domain with no ads (2019)|
|↪️ Top 30 Best Free Web Hosting Review (2019)|
Free Hosting vs. Paid Web Hosting – Basic Overview
Free hosting is low level hosting. Lots of websites on single small server means speed of loading website is pathetically slow, with no customer support, no antivirus, no backup facility, most of which don’t give access to cpanel, can’t transfer domain if necessary, 90% downtime, no monetizing facility, junky ads, 99% fear of hacking at any time, blah blah..!
On the other hand, Paid hostings are professional hosting with good virus server, 24/7 customer support, monetizing facility, unlimited data transfer and more.
Some of the key reasons why it’s recommended to choose paid hosting rather than free hosting were discussed below:-
- Downtime: Free Hosting are just piece of junk, most of the time your server will be done. Almost whole day you’ll find server downtime. On the other hand, paid hosting is just the opposite of free hosting. They offers 99.99% uptime. Since, you’re paying for it. Though there were many good free hosting sites came out in 2019, but sites like 000webhost etc. are just piece of shit. Free hosting downtime will kill your patience.
- Speed (Loading Time): For any website speed matters a lot both for seo, fast indexing and better user experience. According to Kiss metrics, 47 percent of visitors expect a website to load in less than 2 seconds, and 40 percent of visitors will leave the website if the loading process takes more than 3 seconds. On that prospective free hosting will ruin your visitors patience, as a result gradually you’ll loose your organic visitors and google will push you backward. On the other hand, in case of paid hosting you get’s high end speed as per your subscribed plan.
- No customer Support: In the case of free hosting, while editing if you do any mess there’s no expectations from the hosting providers to resolve your issue. On the other hand, if you use paid hosting example: Go Daddy web hosting you can expect 24*7 support from customer care.
- Security Threat: Major issue with free hosting services is they access your database without your permission. Means you own nothing. Anytime you can be get hacked, or anytime your account can be get closed without any prior notice. On the other hand, in the base of paid hosting, you’re the only person who have access to c panel. Thus, in case of free hosting there’s nothing free. It’s just wasting your valuable time.
- No Monetization Facility: Since, you’re paying your precious time into something you expect some money to generate after a certain stage. But, Most popular Ad Publisher Network in the world like Google Adsense, Media.Net, Taboola, Chitika etc. doesn’t approves sites with “Free Hosting”, whatever good content your site may have. Even if you’re intended to earn money from other affiliate source than also you can’t earn a penny from free hosting website. On the other hand, with paid hosting you’re ready to monetize your site from any means.
- Junky Ads: Since, nothing in the world comes for free. Hosting owner will serve pathetic dozens of ads into your site. Which makes a bad impression for a starter site as well as it makes a big negative impact on user experience. Due to tons of auto scrolling and popup and popunder ads visitors just exit sites in no time. etc.
- Sub-Domain: With a free hosting site you’ll receive a sub-domain not a primary domain like: example.howtofact.xyz not howtofact.xyz. Which will ruin your visitors faith towards you as well as your online reputation. On the other hand, if you use a paid hosting you get a free domain from which you can create unlimited numbers of sub-domains. Which enhance your online branding too. So, choosing a paid hosting is a way better decision than a free hosting.
|↪️ Free Hosting VS Paid Web Hosting – Why Free Hosting is Better?|
This is the ending of the in-depth tutorial about – Web Hosting it’s Types and Free Vs. Paid Hosting. Now, you’ve enough knowledge to pick the best hosting plan as per your needs. Though, i recommend if you’re newbie free hosting is a way better for you to choose. Since, you can learn all basic stuffs on free hosting site. Even if you mess anything you’re ready to create another site under a minute with some matter of clicks. But if you’re thinking to migrate your Blogger site from Blogger to WordPress or you’re committed to start serious blogging. I suggest you to go for paid hosting. For learning purpose free hosting is best.
If you have any doubt relating Free or Paid hosting or any other query relating subject matter, feel free to comment and let us know. We’re ready to help you out. If you find this article helpful share on social media so that others can learn something from it. Thanks for reading. Keep visiting – Keep Sharing!! 🙂