Custom Robots.txt: Robots.txt is a file which contains few lines of simple code. In Blogger, it’s called as Custom Robots.txt. By it’s name you can understand that you can easily customize those codes according to your choice. In my previous article, I wrote how to add custom robot header tags in blogger. Which is very important for improving search engine optimization. Custom Robots.txt file will help you in the same extent to improve Search engine presence with more advanced customization. Let’s dive in! Read More
Custom Robot Header Tags in Blogger (Blogspot Blog): “Header Tags” in Blogger is in-built SEO tool for improving search engine visibility for blogs/website in search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, Baidu, Yandex etc.
A proper defined “Custom Robot Header Tags” can boost up your search engine ranking with better crawl rate by communicating with search robots. These search robots helps to promote your article in search result by crawling (scanning) millions of web pages. So, more you provide value in your content better chances are search bots will show up your article in the front page. So, adding proper “Header Tags” is very important to improve search ranking. Let’s dive in to read in detail about Header Tags.
How to Set up Custom Robots Header Tags on Blogger?
I guess you’re a Blogspot blogger and trying different ideas how you can improve search engine ranking to increase daily organic visitor in your blog.
If so, I recommend follow this guide and enable “Custom Robot Header Tags” in your blogger blog. After an week you will see noticeable result especially if your blog is new.
Before setting up “custom robots header tags on Blogger” let’s understand the terminology and basic things about Custom Robot Header Tags, which i think is very important for newbies and some times for veterans too.
- How To Write Perfect SEO-Optimized Articles In Blogger
- LSI Keyword Tool: Best LSI Keyword Generator for improving SEO
- How To Add Custom Robots.txt File in Blogger?
- How To Add Ads.Txt file in Blogger?
Custom Robots Header Tags and its Uses
In Blogger, you will find these above header tags. Each header tags has it’s own importance. Let’s understand the terminologies:
- ALL – If you select this tag, google bot can freely crawl, index and show up your article in the search result.
- NOINDEX – If you select “NOINDEX” tag google bot wont crawl, index and show up your article in the search result.
- NOFOLLOW – Nofollow tag is for outbound links. No follow tag prevents google from crawling into the external pages you’re linked to.
- NONE – If you select this tag, then google bot will neither index your pages nor crawl the links.
- NOARCHIVE – When you search anything on google and notice carefully you will see on the right side just after the link ends there’s a down arrow. If you click that label you’ll see an option “cache”. If you click that label you can see google copy of that web page. It means that google captures a copy of your site in case your site goes down. Now, if you don’t want to show up “cache” version just select this tag.
- NOSNIPPET – If you don’t want to show up your text snippet in the search result. You can select this tag.
- NOODP – Open Directory Project or Dmoz is a popular directory of websites by MOZ. Sometimes Google uses information of websites from there. If you don’t want to list your website on MOZ directory you can turn it off.
- NOTRANSLATE – If you don’t want your blog to translate into different languages in different geo. Than you can turn this setting on.
- NOIMAGEINDEX– If you don’t want your images to show up google search/google image result than turn this setting on.
- UNAVAILABLE_AFTER– If you select this tag then your webpages will be deindexed after this time.
I guess now you’re very much aware of all the “Custom Robot Header Tags” terminologies. Now, we’re only few step ahead of completing the final step. Let’s complete that step.
How to Setup Custom Robots Header Tags?
To add custom robot header tags in blogger follow the above steps.
STEP 1: Sign in to your blogger account and select your appropriate blog.
STEP 3: Now, you’ll find a bunch of check boxes. Don’t get scared. For a while it may look complicated. You can either select the above check boxes by reading the past described terminologies or you can simply copy by following my screenshot.STEP 4: Click “Save” and you’re done.
◆ Last Word: Hope you are benefited by this article and learned something new. Let me know how this tutorial helped you to add custom robot header tags on search preference setting for improving your search engine visibility. For any issues relating checking boxes other than depicted in the screenshot drop a comment below we are ready to help you. Also, if benefited please share with your friends in social media.
Optimization of blog posts is very important to achieve higher ranking in search engines.
One of the best ways to rank articles in google and generate quality organic traffic for the newly published article is to make them search engine friendly.
As a blogger when you write any new article, your article should be optimizing your blog post in such a way that its easy to understand for the search engine as well as for blog readers.
In my previous I wrote a detailed article relating various methods to Generate Backlinks like Guest Posting, Web 2.0, Commenting on other blogs and commenting on forums.
All these were OFF Page SEO techniques, of course, they do notable help to rank any article in google but if you write a quality content with proper optimization you can rank on the first page in google without having any backlinks.
SEO optimized blogs and articles are a really very important part for any online business when looking to drive (organic) traffic to your blogger site.
Knowing how to write an article that will rank on the first page is one of the toughest yet a simple task.
Search engines are the best source to get traffic, though we can get traffic from social media and from the other blogs, in the long run, the only search engine will help you to get traffic from old posts.
Google has algorithms which automatically rank your article on the basis of quality and information provided in the article. Google doesn’t have any human workers to look after every single post whenever we publish any new article on our blog.
Google crawls our site by sending web spiders and they fetch information on the basis of various information provided into the article in the form header tags, meta tags, permalink structure etc. and tells Google whether your article is useful or useless, which decides ranking position in google.
Now it is the time to learn how to write SEO friendly article in blogger.
How To Write Perfect SEO-Optimized Article In Blogger
- How to do keyword research?
- How to increase page load time to rank higher in Google?
- 10 Best Off Page SEO tricks to rank higher in Google.
- 10 Best Keyword Research tools.
- How to compete for a high competitive keyword with 0 backlinks?
- How to find the best low competitive keyword to rank higher on Google?
Write SEO Friendly Post Title
- How to optimize a post title for readers as well as for search engines.
- How to add the right focus keyword to the post title.
- Best keyword placement strategy for a perfect SEO optimised article.
- How to get a perfect LSI keyword to rank higher in google?
- How to increase CTR of any blog post in the search result.
Publish High-Quality Contents
- How to rank a content without making keyword stuff?
- How to write a long article above 1500 words?
- Best tips to write a long post.
- How to properly use formatting in a blog post?
A solid way to write long posts is to search for the topic that you want to write about and mix all the information what is present in top 10 results, note it down in a notepad and use your creativity to create an awesome SEO optimized article. All you have to keep in mind is the post which you write should be value-rich. If you do this, Google will rank you high.
- What is focus keyword?
You should place your focus keyword on –
- Post Title.
- First Paragraph.
- Inside all Header Tags (H2, H3,….H6).
- Image Alt Tag.
- Post Footer.
- Search Description.
Pro Tip- Do some research. Search your relevant article on Google and check the top-ranked article and try to construct your article like of them.
Image optimization is a vital process to write a perfect SEO friendly article.
Adding an image in an article is a very crucial step to write a perfect readers choice article. Since an image can draw readers attention and distracts them to get bored to read a long article.
Since an image speaks a 1000 words than that of an article, so it’s the most important task to optimise image both for readers as well as for search engine.
Now, search bots cannot read images so we have to add some additional information to make your image SEO optimized. To optimise image we have to follow some important steps so that your image should rank in google images.
- Compress image size – A compressed image makes a blog load faster and a faster blog ranks higher in the search engine. You can use any image compression software or you can compress your image online.
- Rename Image – Whenever you upload any new image in your blog post it’s a very crucial step to rename the image. Suppose you are writing an article relating “Best Math Puzzle 2018” then for thumbnail the image which you will use its title should be “Best Math Puzzle 2018“. Resulting URL of your image will be “Best-math-puzzle-2018” which will help you to rank higher in google images.
- Use Alt Tag and Title Tag – After uploading the image on your blog you have to add title and alt tag so that search could read what your image is about. For adding Alt Tag and Title Tag click on image > Properties > add a catchy Title and Alt Tag inside the Box.
Use Bold, Italic and Colouration of Texts
- How to choose the best permalink structure to rank higher on google?
Now, the main question is which word to keep and which word to remove from Permalink.
So the answer is, we have to stop certain words from adding to our post title and permalink and those words were called stop words. Stop words should be neglected on Permalink. Because Google neglects to stop words.
Below there is a list of all stop words, which I recommend you to download and keep that file on your computer and use your Permalink and post title accordingly.
- List of all stop words.
Pro tip- Do some research before posting your article on google. Search your post title on Google and check the Permalink structure of top rankers and add your Permalink wisely.
- Focus keyword in the description.
- The description should be meaningful and condensed with all related search keywords.
- The description should be within 150 words.
- Benefits of interlinking of Blog Posts.